Quality Parenting: Encouraging Mutual Respect and Understanding
Learn how to create a family environment based on mutual respect and gain a deeper understanding of your children by recognizing the hidden cues they give us daily. This course is designed for UCLA alumni to support their role as parents.
- Recognizing children’s yearning to express their best selves and develop their highest potential
- Adopting effective attitudes
- Accepting difficult behavior as a “cry for help”
- Learning how to remain centered under stress
- Strengthening communication
- Identifying the many ways children reveal their intuition
As the instructor addresses participants’ questions and concerns, the workshop evolves organically to meet their specific needs and goals. The content is drawn from Dr. Val-Essen’s award-winning book Bring Out the Best in Your Child and Your Self: Creating a Family Based on Mutual Respect, her second book, to be released March 16, Parenting with Wisdom and Compassion: Bring Out the Best in Your Family, and the Quality Parenting program, which has been translated into several languages.
Saturday, April 9 from 10am-4pm
Westwood: 119 Extension Gayley Center
To learn more and register, click on the button below: