A Unique Approach to Parent Education
Quality Parenting classes teach parents to see with new eyes—to discover that children and teens yearn to express their best selves—to develop their highest potential. And they depend on us to help them. Through this perspective, parents discover that challenging behavior is actually a cry for help. “Help me find a more effective way to meet my needs.” But we cannot provide the help our children need unless we are able to remain calm in the face of stress.
What Will I Learn?
- Find a parenting style that works for you and your children or teens
- Stay centered under stress
- Envision and create an environment based on mutual respect
- Communicate, listen, and plan skillfully
- Use positive discipline: setting limits comfortably and successfully
- Deal respectfully and effectively with difficult behavior
- Recognize and support each child's stage of development
- Discover unique "smarts" in each child - and in yourself
A Special Outcome
As you learn to recognize and support the best within each child, you’ll inevitably discover the best within yourself.
Family Life Becomes So Much Easier!
Imagine spending less time:
- Feeling overwhelmed or exhausted
- Repeating yourself or nagging
- Yelling or screaming
- Playing referee
Imagine spending more time:
- Feeling calm and centered-even at difficult times
- Enjoying children and teens who are more cooperative
- Preventing problems instead of rushing to solve them
- Living with mutual respect
Quality Parenting classes help you realize these dreams in your own family.
For more information contact:
Ilene Val-Essen Ph.D.